Barry Lazarus, Real Estate Acquisition Administrator
Barry Lazarus is an experienced real estate professional with over twenty-five years of real estate experience assisting public and private sector clients in real estate acquisition, negotiation, sales and leasing, property management, and environmental site assessments.
Mr. Lazarus is also a licensed Florida Sale’s Associate, Certified General Appraiser, and certified as an Asbestos Building Inspector and Management Planner. Mr. Lazarus is experienced in publicly funded real estate acquisition assignments for the Florida Department of Transportation, and the West Palm Beach Community Redevelopment Agency with over twenty-five years of real estate experience assisting public and private sector clients in acquisition, negotiation, sales and leasing, property management, appraisal, appraisal review, environmental site assessments, and grant writing.
Mr. Lazarus’s career has included management of all real estate related activities for two Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) districts for the West Palm Beach CRA, including acquisition, negotiation, valuation, sales and leasing, environmental site assessments, brownfield grants, and property management.
- Supervised a multi-million-dollar land acquisition budget and saved the City over 20% annually.
- Secured a $1 million-dollar EPA 2011 Brownfield Coalition Grant for the City of West Palm Beach.
- Acquired 13 key commercial properties in less than 18 months and below market value.
- Achieved a 90% settlement rate for all real estate acquisitions.
- Negotiated and closed over $15 million dollars of commercial & residential real estate transactions.
- Attracted and secured national credit tenants for the City’s Downtown CRA district.
- Branded 7th Street Square & Art Yard, two of the CRA’s premier redevelopment projects
Mr. Lazarus’s Project Management experience has included governmental acquisition projects, implementing and executing a negotiation strategy, project scheduling, prioritizing staff resources, due-diligence, closings, and property management. Lead agent including acquisition, relocation, and property management of all parcels for the following Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) projects:
- State Road 60 in Indian River County, Florida. This project involved the acquisition of over 50 parcels and 10 relocations along a twenty-two mile corridor.
- State Road 80 east and west project in West Palm Beach, Florida. Implemented an acquisition plan and acquired over 34 parcels.
- State Road 934 (NW 79th Street) and State Road 934 (Hialeah Expressway) projects in Miami, Florida. Acquired seven parcels.
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Asbestos Abatement: Management Planning, & Facility Survey & Building Systems Gainesville, Florida
- State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser – Florida
- Licensed Real Estate Salesman – Florida
- Florida International University (FIU) Alumni Association
- Professional Property Management Certification – The Landlord Academy
Return To Leadership Team